Saturday 9 April 2016

Gyeran-ppang 계란빵 (Egg Bread)

These days, my little one hardly have a proper meal.  The timing for the recess, break time and the lunch time are all so messed up.

Especially if she has no activities for the day, her school ends at 2:30pm and by the time she reached home, lunch is at 3pm!!!  Crazy isn't it?  Sometime to help her get her meal closer to the routine time, I have to pack lunch so that she can eat on the way home.

Anyway, I saw this Gyeran-ppang 계란빵 (Egg Bread) recipe and I thought it might be good for her to bring to school.

Source: Maangi


For my muffin tray and because I used a much bigger eggs, I was able to attain 14 pcs.

The last 2 I baked it in a tall muffin cup and the result was this lava like egg exploding from the bread.  Totally stunning!


Findings: Hubby loves this alot and let's hope when little one comes home and try it, she will want to bring this as snack for school.

What you need:

30g unsalted butter, melted
80g sugar
½ tsp salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160g all purpose flour
1 cup milk
7 eggs (1 + 6)
mozzarella cheese (optional)

Method:

Greased 6 cup muffin tray.

Combine butter, sugar, salt, baking powder,vanilla extract, 1 egg, flour, and milk. Whisk until smooth.

Preheat the oven to 200°C.

Fill each muffin cup pan about ½ full with batter, dividing it into 6 equal portion. 

Add in cheese and pour the egg in the middle

Place tray in the middle rack and bake for 13 mins.

Remove and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to bake this too. This egg bread is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith, this is gorgeous! I have bookmarked and will try to do it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.