Saturday 11 March 2017

Natural Yeast matcha black sesame loaf 自然酵母绿茶黑芝麻大面包

I saw a fellow FB friend, KK baking this Natural Yeast matcha black sesame loaf and it looks so tempting.   Since I have some black sesame paste left and some sourdough starter, this will be perfect to finish those off.



Findings: I am not sure the yeast or the temperature in the house.  It took me longer than 1 hour to get the dough to double in size.  

After folding in the sesame paste and rolling it up.  My dough had problem rolling into a rectangle again.  I should have rested the dough again but because the paste was spilling out, I panic (I might have been over zealous in spreading out more paste than necessary).  To avoid the sesame paste frin oozing out further, I quickly create the tension needed and shaping into just a elongated shape to fit into my bread tin.

I don't know where went wrong but I am definitely going to try again.

Then again, I am pretty happy how the swirl turned out.  Texture wise, it is also soft and fluffy.  

Thanks KK for your guidance and sharing this nice recipe.  
What you need:

200g refreshed natural yeast
250g bread flour
10g matcha powder
40g sugar
125g milk
4g salt
35g butter (to be added after smooth dough is formed).

Method:

In a mixing bowl, combine bread flour, matcha powder and milk.  Mix to form dough and let it rest for 15 mins.

Add in sugar and refreshed natural yeast and salt and knead until dough is soft and smooth.

Continue to knead until it passed window pane stage.

Remove from mixer and form into a ball.  Place into a bowl and let it proof to double in size.

Punch down and roll dough out into rectangle sheet, spread black sesame paste on top and fold 2 ends over centre, roll out again and repeat.

Place into 450g loaf tin for 2nd proof.

Egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds before putting into oven.

Bake 180°C for 40 min.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, beautiful loaf ! Just perfect for the coming st. patrick day celebration. Enjoy & have a great week ahead dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.