Wednesday 26 April 2017

Herman Chocolate Cake

My curiosity is on level 10 now using this Herman Starter.  Unfortunately I killed a batch of it as I totally forgotten to feed it.  During my spare time, I have been reading and searching recipes using this starter.   Luckily I have trial test a small portion of the starter in the fridge and somehow it survived.  
Thus, today I attempted this Herman Chocolate Cake since my son will be in this week.




Findings: The cake takes longer than expected to bake as the centre somehow could not cooked in time.  We find it too sweet so it is better to reduce sugar.  
The cake is soft but lacks the moistness which I am sure it is due to over baking.  

To counter this problem, I pair it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


What you need:

85g butter, room temperature (I used increase to 100g)
100g castor sugar (I will reduce to 50g)
50g brown sugar
2 Eggs
30g cocoa powder
96g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
73g Herman Starter
½ tbsp vanilla

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180°C, greased and lined a 6” square pan.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. 

Beat in egg.

Fold in all the dry ingredients together.

Combine Herman starter and vanilla, add alternately with dry ingredients to the butter mixture.

Pour batter into your prepared cake pan and spread out evenly.

Sprinkle the top of cake evenly with semi-sweet chocolate and nuts.

Bake for 25 mins or skewer comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.