Saturday 8 April 2017

HK Steam egg custard 鮮奶燉蛋

One of the dessert that I NEVER missed when I am in HongKong is HK Steam egg custard 鮮奶燉蛋

This dessert is extremely easy to prepare and so far, in Singapore, I can't find a good one in dessert shop.

Looking at my tray of eggs and wondering what I can made out of it, it hits me that I never blog about it before.

I quickly made a batch so that later on, my little one can have it as her supper after training.



Findings: Despite adding a tiny bit more water, the texture is unlike those from what I ate in HK.  I think can add just another bit more water to make it softer.

What you need:
serve 4

4 eggs (Grade A)
500ml fresh milk (will reduce to 490ml)
100g rock sugar (will reduce to 90g)
110g water

Method:

In a pot, dissolved rock sugar with water.   

Add in fresh milk and set aside to cool.

Whisk eggs with chopstick, do not over beat.

Pour in the milk mixture, mix well and strain.

Pour into serving cups and remove any bubbles with a spoon.

Cover either with a plate, clingwrap or aluminum foil.

Steam on medium high heat for 12 mins.   (Lift lid every 4 mins intervals)

Either serve hot or cold.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.