Sunday 13 August 2017

Herman Wholemeal bread

After making Herman Leige Waffles, I still have quite a fair bit of Herman Starter and thus I went on to make a Herman Wholemeal Bread.

Due to poor time management, I have over proof it because I have to do a hospital visit.


Findings: I am not sure whether the over proofing "damaged" the moisture of the bread but somehow is dry.  The sour tang is very evident because of this over proofing.

Thus I decided to turn it into French Toast for our breakfast for I knew my family will not eat this if I don't.

Will re attempt this recipe another day.

Overall, the crumb looks good.


What you need:

140g Herman starter
150m cold milk (start off with 120ml first)

200g unbleach bread flour
80g Wholemeal superfine flour
20g cake flour
3-4g salt

50g unsalted butter

Method:

Mix Herman starter with cold milk until well combined.

Add to all dry ingredients except butter and knead to form a smooth dough.

Add softened butter and continue to knead until pass window pane stage.

Preshape into a ball and place in an oiled bowl.  Clingwrap and let it proof for 30 mins.

Divide into 3 and flatten and rolled with end face down, put in the loaf pan. 

Let it proof overnight.


Bake at 190°C for 30-40 mins.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.